Welcome to the Long Marton Parish Council web page. On this page you will find information
· Council meetings, including agendas and minutes;
· Members details;
· Dates of forthcoming meetings;
· Financial information.
What is a Parish Council?
It is a statutory local authority set up under the Local Government Act 1972. It
operates in the area of a defined civil parish or group of parishes. In Cumbria there
are three types of local authority - the County Council (Cumbria County Council),
the District or Borough Councils (Eden District Council) and the Town or Parish Councils.
Who is on the council?
The council is made up of councillors elected by the electors of the parish. Every
year the council elects one of them to be the Chairman of the council. The council
has a paid officer who organises meetings and helps to carry out the council's decisions
- this officer is usually called the Clerk. The Clerk does not vote or make decisions;
that is the role of the councillors. (From Cumbria Association of Local Councils
Clerk to the Parish Council:
Mrs Olivia Colbear
17 Westmorland Rise
Cumbria, CA16 6SJ
Tel: 017683 53260
Parish Councillors (For Full Contact Details Click Here)
· Mr Jonathan Bellas
· Mr John Cannon
· Mr John Cragg (Vice Chairman)
· Mrs Yvonne Sowerby
Long Marton Ward
· Mr David Holdsworth
· Mr Tony Maclean
· Mr Sam Potter (Chairman)
Parish Council Meetings
The Parish Council meets every two months, on the first Wednesday of the month at
7.30 pm. The meetings rotate between the village halls within the three wards (Brampton,
Knock and Long Marton).
· Wednesday 1st November 2017 at 7.30pm in Knock Mission Room
· Wednesday 10th January 2018 at 7.30pm in Long Marton Village Hall
· Wednesday 7th March 2018 at 7.30pm in Brampton Village Hall
Below you will find various information you can download, these are all in PDF format